Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
WE OFFER FUNERAL PACKAGES FOR EVERY BUDGET | Our services include the basic services of the funeral director and staff, removal, and embalming, and dressing. Use of chapel for viewing and ceremony (church or chapel), hearse for service, acknowledgment cards and a register book and a metal casket.
Ellis Family Commitment | The Ellis Funeral Home stands out due to their professionalism, empathy and affordable prices. Once you request the services of Ellis Funeral Home, we will immediately put our experienced funeral professionals to work for you. | READ MORE
Ellis Funeral Home
22401 Grand River Ave.
Detroit, MI 48219